Friday 26 November 2010

No time for trading

I started trading the horses at lunch time and stopped after a few races to go and have some lunch with the wife, tried to resume where I left off, but the evening races at wolves, are too spaced out and too inconsistent with money and price movement, I think it is down to the large gaps between races and people are getting in early and obviously trading against the flow of the market. For example people jump in when market looks like it is going up and boom its down five ticks, now is this down to inexperienced traders (like me but not this time)try and out price each other forcing the price up up and up outside its normal range, only for a more experienced trader or bot to take advantage of the mismatch in the market price and nick a few ticks along the way.

Just thought I would add a pic of my last race, nothing spectacular to most, but good by my standards

Total profit £4.15

Bank cf £111.58

2 comments:

  1. Hi, its been interesting reading your posts and watching the gradual increase of your bank size, well done and thanks for taking the time to post.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement J, I will try and keep it up.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on this post, it adds to the conversation