Saturday 23 October 2010

Day one

Hello, technically this is not my first day I have had a betfair account for about four years, started off matched betting, making a few quid paid for a holiday for me the wife and two kids from it. from there I went onto blindly laying second favs on horses- soon realised that is a quick route to the poor house. Have done footy then got in too deep with liability and lost big time on a game, lost heart and gone back to horse trading, then done the same cycle a few times over always increasing my bank to a good level (£200+) and then blowing it all.

Once you start typing it all comes out, so I may as well carry on for now. Horse trading looks so easy from the outside lay low back higher, so they say except when its moving at 1000mph (not quiet that fast), so at the moment I am purely scalping the market with The geeks toy, with a three ladder set-up. I adjust my stakes to 10% of my bank and off we go. In the beginning I am faced with the challenge of maintaining concentration because when you have scalped a price and then green up for 7p it leads you to question if it is worth it at all. Today I made £2.89 on horse trading so it does add up and I try and get more than one scalp per race, but find myself being cautious once in profit and that I trade best when I am coming back from a red position. I will not lie and say that I never go inplay, because that would only happen in ideal world, that leads me to where I always come undone- allowing a lay to go inplay and then next thing you are back at square one- you could say its like the world biggest game of snakes and ladders.

I also have an interest in football, but for the moment I only back correct scores pre match and on the HT whistle as you always get a tick move there. Today's profit- £4.57


New bank balance £30.22 


For info I have just backed 0-2 in Stoke v Man Utd for £29 @9.0 lay bet in @8.6 and will green/red up before KO tomorrow.


I could go on but I think thats enough for an opening post, so see you next time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on this post, it adds to the conversation