Thursday 28 October 2010

OK for today, not exactly retiring on it though

At least I didn't lose today, but its not like I am going to make million doing this either. Firstly I backed 1-1 in the Osasuna v Deportivo game @ 8 for £31 and placed lays as the back was taken, then once the lays were taken I simply re-backed the 8.0 with my bank and cycled a bit more of my money, ended up pre match for a grand total of 45p.

Since I got home from work I have scalped the 1950 at Wolverhampton race for another massive profit of 12p and further 9p in the 2020 race

These figures are not much to motivate myself and will lead to frustration and boredom setting in, so to combat this I have decided that I will make a target for increasing the bank by 3% but will not religiously stick to this, if the opportunities are there then I will take them, if not then tomorrow is another day, as well as this I am going to add £10 per week to my betfair account every Friday, I see that this will help keep my focus and discipline as I try to increase my bank and I reckon I will be at around £500 at the end of the year.

I didn't want to turn this into another £0 to wherever target chasing blog, but just thought I would share my thoughts about being on betfair with a small starting bank, it is hard maintaining discipline, fighting the greed inside and trying not rush.

The last point there being a major factor in my trading experience as I am pretty good at over trading and ending with myself sprinting and ending up losing as I would find myself staking with higher levels than I am used to and get into a losing position and be caught in the head lights freeze and lose the lot, chase it and be on a downwards spiral until I am back near zero bank and start again promising myself this time it would be different.

Anyway end of explanation and take forward my combined profit of 66p or 2% which isn't bad I suppose.

New bank £32.38

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on this post, it adds to the conversation