Friday 13 April 2012

Little fish in the big sea

The title of today's post, I am referring to the fact that when trading today on the Aintree races, my stake were negligible when compared to the market volumes, however saying that I didn't let that put me off and still managed to get something  out of them. Although not as big as Cheltenham where I just don't bother.


I have incorporated a couple of screen shots of the races I have traded and you can see from the hedged amounts that I am still averaging around £1 per race, I want to take it further but I'm not rushing myself and I'm content with the returns at present, I have made many mistakes before and there well documented. So having a plan and sticking to it is key. You can see from the meetings today that there was shed load of races today, but I have just had a look over my P+L from betfair and I traded 15 races and made £13. I know that there was opportunities to make more money but this leads me to where my mental approach has gone in terms of development and one which I am proud to say that I stopped early to take stock.

I would like to that most of this mental improvement has come from Matt Finnigan, who is a Pro sports trader with a weekly podcast- awesome stuff.

Grand National tomorrow, I haven't picked a horse to bet on as yet, but I have been lucky to have the first two in the betting in the works sweep stake.

Like I said the other day is once the National has been run it leads us in to night racing nearly every night of the week and gives us all a great chance of learning something and making a profit, so go for it, make a plan and go for it.

Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on this post, it adds to the conversation