Wednesday 24 November 2010

About me

I am 33 years old, ex-RAF aircraft fitter, I have traded on betfair for fun for quite a few years, going through many boom and bust cycles or to put it another way, turning my £10 into a decent amount (£200+) and then blowing it, through a collection of lack of discipline, boredom and greed.
This leads me to where I am today, I know it is possible to make money with betfair/bookmakers as I had a good run at matched betting and paid for half of our family holiday to Spain a few years ago.
Having started this blog it will hopefully lead me to finally see a return, for the effort in the sporting investment world, because being a blogger now give some kind of public accountability, call it added pressure but to me I see it as a positive pressure.
Coming around to the thinking of ‘little and often’ has been key part to changing my mindset towards profit and earnings on betfair, a well known trader once posted “3% a day and double your bank in 24 days”. Even then I found it difficult because in my mind because I wanted to switch on my pc and make the 3%  in one trade whether that was on a horse race or football match, this would lead to over exposure and not having the mindset to cut losses early enough, especially at the peak of my previous trading bubbles, I would let my trade run, hoping or wishing it would come back and then when it never did I found myself committing the ultimate sin and letting it go in play and we all know that is a quick route to the poor house.
So I suppose this is more of a biography than an ‘about me’, but I thought I would put all the cards on the table, so people don’t think I have gone from £0 to ££££’s without learning the hard way.
I know it’s a rocky road but I know I will make in the end.
Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on this post, it adds to the conversation