Tuesday 30 November 2010

Setting targets

After reading an interesting post on the racing traders forum, where advice was offered to learn how to make £1 a race and the rest will follow. So I have decided to adapt that and I am aiming for 50p per race, at my current staking levels of £10 ( until I reach £200 then its 5% of bank) I can achieve the 50p with two scalps of the market. I know there is a lot of difference of opinion on whether or not targets should be set or not.
I know I can't trade every race every day so my profit levels will fluctuate a bit.

My future targets are as follow and will increase along with staking levels
  • this week 50p per race
  • w/c 06/12/2010 60p per race
  • w/c 13/12/2010 70p per race
  • w/c 20/12/2010 80p per race
  • w/c 27/12/2010 90p per race
  • w/c 03/01/2011 £1 per race
From the beginning of January I want to maintain the same stake and bank and start to withdraw the profits daily.

Not sure if it will work but I have broken down £500 a month into manageable chunks and not made the mountain look so big. Isn't there a quote about how would you eat an elephant, answer is one spoonful at a time, which leads back to the slow and steady/ little and often.

I have been writing this post in between races and now I am not consumed by the market and happy to wait to make the amounts above, I can safely safe ten minutes is a long time to make those two ticks, so with patience and discipline I will try and put the plan into action

P+L today= £4.62 from 8 races, 7 wins and 1 loss

Bank CF £111.16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on this post, it adds to the conversation